Optical fiber parameters effect on light propagation in a coiled multimode fiber
An experimental investigation behavior of speckle pattern of light at propagating in a coiled multimode optical fiber with a step refractive index. Discovered rotation of special pattern depended on the helical pitch, that is turn speckle pattern change when changing the helical pitch. It is independent of the mode composition of the light propagating in the Optical fiber.
2. Soskin M.S., Gorshkov V.N., Vasnetsov M.V., Malos J.T., Heckenberg N.R. Topological charge and angular momentum of light beams carrying optical vortices // Phys. Rev., 1997. A 56. P. 4064-4075.
3. SM Ritov On the transition from wave to geometrical optics // Dokl. Acad. Sciences of the USSR, 1938. T. 18. S. 2.
4. Vladimir V. On the rotation of the polarization plane in a curved light beam // Dokl. Acad. Sciences of the USSR, 1941. T. 21. S. 222.
5. Berry M.V. Quantal phase factors accompanying adiabatic changes // Proc. Roy.Soc., 1984. A 392. P. 45.
6. Chiao R.Y., Wu. Y.-S. Manifestation of Berry's Topological Phase for the Photon // Phis.Rev.Lett., 1986. V.57. P. 933.
7. Berry M.V. Interpreting the anholonomy of coined light // Nature, 1987. V. 326. P. 277.
8. Tomita A., Chiao R.Y.. Observation of Berry's topological phase by use of an optical fiber // Phys.Rev.Lett., 1986. V. 57. P. 937.
9. Kundikova N.D., Zeldovich B.Ya. Observation of a topological optical activity in a multimode optical fiber// Technical digest of international topic meeting on photonic switching, Minsk, 1992, , P. 8.
10. Baranova N.B., Zel'dovich B.Ya // JETP Letters, 1994. V. 59. P. 648-650.
11. Darsht MJ, Zhirgalova IV, Zel'dovich B. Ya, Kundikova ND Observation of "magnetic" rotation of the speckle pattern of the light transmitted through the optical fiber // JETP Letters, 1994. T. 59. S. 734.
12. Anikeev V.V., Bolshakov M.V., Kundikova N.D., Valeyev A.I., Zinatulin V.S. The influence of a magnetic longitudinal field on the behavior of the speckle-pattern of the light, transmitted through optical fiber // XVII Interna- tional Conference on Coherent and Nonlinear Optics, "ICONO 2001". Minsk, Belarus, June 26-July 1, Technical Digest, ThP3, 2001.
13. Kataevskaya IV, Kundikova ND .. Influence of spiral-shaped fiber on the light propagation // Quantum Electronics, 1995. T. 22. № 9. S. 959-960.
13. Darscht MY, Zel’dovich BY, Kowarschik R, Kundikova ND. Image rotation in a multimode fiber under the change a sign of circular polarization. Proc Chel Sci Center. 2003; 2(2):10–14.
15. Asselborn SA, Kundikova ND, Novikov IV. A method of measurement of polarized light ellipticity only. Proc SPIE. 2006; 6024: 60240D.
Copyright (c) 2019 Sarkew S.Abdulkareem, Viyan J. Jalal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
At Zanco Journal, we're dedicated to protecting your rights as an author, and ensuring that any and all legal information and copyright regulations are addressed. Whether an author is published with Zanco Journal or any other publisher, we hold ourselves and our colleagues to the highest standards of ethics, responsibility and legal obligation